The Senate of the University of Peshawar consist of:
- the Chancellor who shall be the Chairperson of the Senate;
- the Pro-Chancellor;
- the Vice-Chancellor;
- one member of the Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to be nominated by the Speaker of the said Assembly;
- a retired judge to be nominated by Chief Justice of Peshawar High Court”;
- Secretary of the relevant Administrative Department of Government or his nominee not below the rank of an Additional Secretary;
- the Secretary to Government, Higher Education Department, or his nominee not below the rank of an Additional Secretary;
- the Secretary to Government, Finance Department, or his nominee not below the rank of an Additional Secretary;
- the Secretary to Government, Establishment Department, or his nominee not below the rank of an Additional Secretary
- the Chairman, Higher Education Commission or his nominee not below the rank of Director General;
- one eminent or distinguished graduates of the University who are not its employees to be nominated by the Chancellor;
- two persons from the academic community of the Province of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa or the country, other than an employee of the University, atthe level of professor or Principal, to be appointed by the Chancellor;
- four University Teachers, including one Professor, one Associate Professor, one Assistant Professor and one Lecturer to be elected by teachers of their respective cadres from amongst themselves; and
- four persons from society at large being persons of distinction in the fields of administration, management, education, academics, law, accountancy, medicine, fine arts, architecture, industry, agriculture, science, technology and engineering with a view to create diversity and balance across the various fields, to be nominated by the Chancellor.
- one University Administrative Officer to be elected from amongst all the Administrative Officers in the prescribed manner.